Saturday 18 June 2011

An adventure to Bath

After reading my copy of Mollie Makes magazine and their article on Bath and all the lovely little shops and crafty places I decided I have to pay a visit myself. And it had to be a Saturday of course to go to the Saturday flea market! Here are some pictures I took during the day and of my purchases!
cute little old shoes at the market

This was my market purchase - an original victorian trug



We passed a place that does the most amazing restorations of old frames. Its hard to see in the picture but the way this gold leaf went on the frame looked amazing!





Its seemed without even trying the cracked paint work on this old shop had the look all those distressed photo frames in Cape Town!
They had these photo frames everywhere in Cape Town but this was a whole stall we passed near the Old Biscuit Mill market. 

This stags head I would have on my wall. My husband wants the real thing - I think this is a good compromise! In the shop window of The Makery



A message from the universe!?!





I just liked the shape of this little bird :)



A much needed cream tea stop!





aaah...the sun finally came out after getting just about soaked to the skin in the morning.


A beautiful old sewing machine in shop called Susannah selling lots of vintage lace and other fabric.




a tiny little shop selling only these old tins, with the shop owner constantly dustin them all, they were immaculate!


I bought this old basket too, looks like a home for yarn to me

couldn't resist a little collection of ribbons, of course no idea what I'll do with them yet but i still love them

I bought the rolled up paper, which is Italian, from a gorgeous stationary/paper shop, see tag in photo below, couldn't resist

No comments:

Post a Comment