1. screen printed fabric - mostly from my practise shots when making the blind and also a bird design that I experimented with.
2. ribbon from the market, bought for no particular reason other than the it was a stall full of just ribbons and they all looked good together so I decided I needed to have my own selection.
3. Thread from thread drawer
4. Chunky wool left over from jumper.
|My rough plan|
|I used some of the ribbon to make a border from the printed design|
|I used a contrasting colour of thread in zig zag stitch to attach the printed fabric onto the base fabric|
|This bit took ages - pining where the stitch lines would go to make pockets for all the different sizes of needles|
|I then made a second layer with pockets for smaller needles|
|Inside finished - and stocked up|
|Outside finished - pleated wool ties to keep it closed|